Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This Semester I Learned!

There are many things I have learned in the last few months. This class is titled Critical Decision Making and I think I have learned the basics of how to make any decision.

First and foremost, I learned the many types of arguments on can make. Whether it is arguing to get a certain brand or if it were more serious in regards to business decisions. I now know how to effectively listen and decide.

Second, I have learned how to counter-argue. Because I have learned the types of arguments and parts of arguments one can use to argue I can effectively counter-argue if I chose to do. If I am agreeing or disagreeing with an argument I am able to look at both sides of the argument better now I believe.

Third, I have learned how to work in groups. The three projects/essays assigned were completed in groups. In our group we were able to designate jobs and break down the assignment. By breaking down the assignment we could figure out when to do what and create deadlines and meeting times to complete the assignment. I think that is why our group did so well together we knew when to help each other out.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I definitely agree how we learned so many things in our Critical Decision Making class in the last couple of months- it flew by pretty quickly but we did learn a bunch of helpful things that we can use in our everyday lives. The first one that you mentioned, types of arguments, was probably the most useful among all of the concepts that we learned, because through it we also learn what kinds we have to look after for so we don’t fall into believing arguments that are vague and ambiguous. The second one you mentioned is connected with the first one, and to be able to defend your side you definitely have to learn how to counter-argue someone. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete